With a motto of “expect a difference,” a compelling, ownership-driven culture, and offices around the country, Salas O’Brien draws the best engineering, architecture, and construction professionals in the country.
Our office in Denver, Colorado is looking for a Mechanical Designer/Engineer to join our growing team. This office focuses primarily on structures in the built environment, including hotels, apartment buildings, high-rise mixed-use facilities, retail/commercial buildings, places of worship, and healthcare facilities. Our Mechanical Designers/Engineers use AutoCAD and Revit software to design mechanical systems, HVAC, and piping systems.
To succeed in this role, you need to meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural engineering with a mechanical emphasis
- EIT or the ability to take the fundamentals of engineering exam
- 3-8 years of experience in the design of HVAC systems for various types of facilities
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Must be familiar with the building design process from design through permitting and construction administration
Attributes of Top Performers
If you have some of the following characteristics and experience, you’d be an especially good fit:
- Excellent organizational skills and a high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit to engage with the team and growing the business
- Self-starter that requires little direction to get moving on a project
- Interest in personal and professional growth
- Ability to connect and engage with others a people focused environment
Why Work for Salas O’Brien?
As a 100% employee-owned firm, Salas O’Brien is a company of owners. That is what gets us up every morning, and what keeps us working with excellence until the job is done. We believe this attitude of ownership has profound impacts on how we treat each other and serve our clients.
We challenge you to find a firm with more opportunities for personal and professional growth than Salas O’Brien. Our many offices offer our team of employee-owners:
- Variety of projects and clients
- Collaboration with experts in your field
- Growth opportunities within a local office or other Salas O’Brien offices
- Awesome culture defined by our Ownership Values
- Growth with the firm through ESOP participation
Of course, we also offer awesome benefits—everything you would expect for insurance and vacation time, plus incentives for sustainable living, professional education & licensure reimbursement, and flexible work scheduling at arrangement of your manager.