Mesa seeks a Principal Engineer with the following - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve the difficult technical problems related to specialty area.
- Possess aptitude for computing and design.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to build relationships and work effectively in a team environment.
- Possess willingness to accept responsibility for technical adequacy and quality of all output produced by group/department.
- Possess working knowledge of computers and software such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, and software used for specific technical applications within the department.
- Possess willingness to develop, promote and comply with Mesa safety requirements.
Normal office environment with occasional field trips to plant sites requiring ability to walk and climb stairs or ladders in a plant or industrial environment occasionally requiring occasional overnight (or longer) stays.
- Senior level engineering position requiring an BS in engineering from an ABET accredited college/university
- A minimum of 12 – 15 years progressively responsible experience in transmission line design is required.
- Proficient experience in the use of PLS software is required.
- Professional registration is highly desirable for this position.
- FE registration is required for this position.
- Works under the direction of Engineering Manager or Program Manager.
- Applies extensive knowledge of engineering principles and practices. Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Makes project level decisions relative to identification and interpretation of design criteria/requirements and technical approach on routine and complex projects.
- Responsible for scoping, estimating, organizing, executing, and coordinating engineering projects, which may have unique or complex technical or project execution requirements.
- Performs technical and coordination checking/ review of deliverables and other project documents. Ensures deliverables comply with Business Unit procedures and meet applicable design requirements.
- Works with the Engineering Manager and Project Managers to define project objectives, prepare design estimates, and define project requirements and design approaches for large or complex projects.
- Capable of acting as Lead Engineer on single/multidiscipline projects of any size or level of complexity. Responsible for determining design approach and working with design team to prepare required design documents (e.g., drawings, specifications, calculations, etc.).
- Capable of preparing and verifying calculations using engineering formulas and skills or application specific software as required.
- Must be capable of directing design teams comprised of engineers, designers and technicians on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Monitors project execution milestones and schedules to ensure projects are completed on schedule.
- Follows up on construction issues with design staff to resolve problems and concerns in a timely manner.
- May supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel, and assist Engineering Manager in the selection and training of technical staff as required.
Mesa Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives preference to internal candidates when possible. Only qualified applicants should apply online at www.mesainc.com. No phone calls please.