IT Developer + Apprentice:
In this role, you will provide support to consulting and technical teams by contributing to various stages of the software development life cycle. You will assist the team by providing production and maintenance support, conducting root-cause analysis of issues, ensuring high quality and on-time customer service. You will play a critical role by contributing to the knowledge management process while interfacing with internal teams and driving higher efficiency.
This opportunity is for early-career starters interested in breaking into the tech industry while gaining real-world experience. We believe in the earn-while-you-learn model, so you will work full-time with a global tech company while also participating in NEW's IT ServiceNow Apprenticeship program. The apprenticeship offers small cohorts, learning hands-on from industry experts, certifications, portfolio building, career coaching, mentoring, plus the ability to earn additional credits towards a bachelor's degree.
- High school diploma, Associates Degree, or some college (must not have received a Bachelor’s degree yet)
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, creating/maintaining excel spreadsheets
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Ability to analyze data and communicate ideas clearly
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participate in designing and detailing processes related to the software development life cycle
- Troubleshoot issues, document process, review checklists, and develop reference implementations
- Provide production support – monitor applications, batch jobs, servers, network devices, databases, operating systems, raise and acknowledge tickets
- Support technical team in deployment with activities to ensure a smooth go-live of new processes, products, or systems
- Understand the existing system and processes to document
- Reverse knowledge transfer to document the process of support and maintenance
- In addition to the above, based on the area of work like application development, infra support, cyber support, Microsoft office, service now, associated areas of responsibility will apply
In addition to working with our partner company, a global tech consulting firm, the right candidate will spend 10-15 hrs per week participating in the New Apprenticeship's IT ServiceNow Apprenticeship program. Apprentices receive accelerated IT upskilling through expert training, mentoring, and coaching. There is no cost for the apprenticeship program. It is included as a benefit of employment.
Why become an Apprentice:
- As an apprentice, you'll start with a cohort of around ten apprentices and complete the program over 12 months. You will also receive support from top industry coaches and mentors to progress through your personal and professional goals, skills roadmap, while also demonstrating new knowledge and competencies through hands-on application with your portfolio project.
- You'll complete milestones along the way like earning digital certifications to validate your skills, module portfolio projects, individual portfolio projects, while also working with other apprentices to participate in ongoing training and development focused on your professional and technical skills.
- Best of all, you are a contributing member of your cohort team, putting forward ideas, taking on responsibilities, and making choices about how you will make the apprenticeship experience your own all while applying what you learn weekly in your new role.
- All applicants will go through the New Apprenticeship interview process, which includes an application, a short project, and an interview with a graduate of the program.
- Accepted candidates will have an additional interview directly with our partner company's hiring manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location