Cornerstone Environmental Group, LLC, a Tetra Tech Company, (Cornerstone) is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. Our group is a team of engineers, designers, environmental scientists, and support staff with the resources to address the wide-ranging needs of the solid waste and energy management markets. We support communities across North America through the full life-cycle of solid waste facility planning, design, permitting construction, operation, and closure. Cornerstone is a leader in renewable energy and waste diversion/beneficial use for some of our core clients in the solid waste, water treatment, and agricultural industries. Projects now being completed by Cornerstone include full services permitting, design, construction, and operation of numerous renewable energy and waste diversion projects. One of Cornerstone’s focus areas is providing full service solutions for our clients to convert biogas, generated from organics associated with solid waste, waste water treatment, or agricultural waste, to electrical power or renewable natural gas for vehicles. Cornerstone also assists our clients in identifying new opportunities for diversion of more organics for these environmentally beneficial useful projects.
Cornerstone was founded in 2006 by industry leaders who have helped develop and shape the solid waste industry over the past 35 years, and rapidly grew as a small private consulting company. In 2015, Cornerstone Environmental Group, LLC became a business unit within Tetra Tech, Inc. (Tetra Tech).
Cornerstone is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Project Manager to join our Portland, OR office. In this role, you will to take a prominent role in the design, permitting and construction of biogas and landfill gas systems, solid waste handling and disposal facilities as well as other environmental projects. You will work under the direction of Client Managers and Senior Project Managers located throughout the company and across the country, and you may oversee and direct the activities of engineers, scientists, technicians and clerical staff toward successful completion of projects. This position will combine office assignments with fieldwork and client involvement.
- Perform technical analysis of biogas to renewable and solid waste projects in the Western US
- Work in all phases of a project from investigation to construction/remediation, including preparation of drawings, plans, specifications, reports, bid documents, and certifications
- Prepare construction plans and specifications
- Prepare construction cost estimates
- Manage projects in your specific area of expertise
- Prepare proposals and meet with clients and regulators; implement safe work practices
- Analyze systems for stability and regulatory compliance
- Prepare permit documents for new site development, permit modifications, and site closure
- Oversee construction projects for conformance with engineering and regulatory standards
- Supervisory responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to professional personnel.
- Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Co-author or publish papers in your area of expertise
- Must obtain/maintain OSHA HAZWOPER certification per company policy and job duties.
- Professional registration or certification is preferred and may be mandatory in certain instances.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively write environmental reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Excellent overall communication skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling, and accounting software.
- CAD or GIS skills a plus.
An ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering or an allied field
- Minimum of 6 years experience in engineering projects
- Professional Engineer or the ability to become licensed within 1 year of hire
- Experience with solid waste industry a plus
- Proven technical skills in design and/or construction
- Experience managing project budgets and invoicing
- Working knowledge of computer-aided design software; Civil 3D preferred
- Outstanding knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and unwavering personal integrity
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Self-disciplined/motivated individual who also works well in a team environment
- Valid driver's license
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com and www.cornerstoneEG.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.