Thornburg Investment Management is a privately owned global investment firm offering a range of solutions for investors around the world. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, NM, we manage U.S. mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, it’s more than what we do; it’s how we do it. A flexible perspective built on collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas, an unconventional approach to portfolio construction, and a reputation of integrity are important aspects of how we do business. Far from the groupthink of Wall Street, Thornburg is positioned to offer a different point of view and a broader frame of reference in our global search for relative value opportunities.
We value our employees and offer a generous benefits package, on-site cafeteria, and flexible work schedules.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
The Application Developer will join a dynamic team within the information technology department developing, implementing and supporting critical business systems. Primary responsibilities shall include support for data management, accounting, trading, automation and collaboration systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Deliver innovative solutions and integrations between critical business systems
- Support, upgrade and test third party software
- Curate, analyze and validate data sets
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Maintain source code in a centralized code management tool
- Perform other job duties assigned as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Comparable work experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- 5 years of professional experience supporting applications using Microsoft technologies
- Previous experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Professional experience with enterprise data management concepts and software such as IHS Markit EDM/EDMW
- Proven ability to understand, design and describe complex database structures
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and collaborate in a team environment
- Professional experience using issue and project tracking software such as Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Knowledge of IT environments including networking, server technologies, databases, FTP, security, testing, and deployments
- Proven ability to evaluate requirements and estimate project tasks through inclusive discussions with stakeholders and colleagues
- Working knowledge of source control concepts including branching and merging
- The ability to work as part of a team, which may be established for a chartered project or as part of ongoing daily assignments within the department
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies and contribute to the improvement of department processes, standards, and communication
- Must be accountable and detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Commitment to complete assignments according to established goals and objectives
- Ability to work non-business hours as needed
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. Founded in 1610 and nicknamed "The City Different," Santa Fe captures hearts and minds with its museums, restaurants, theater, opera, and adobe-style architecture. With an average of over 300 sunny days per year and picturesque landscape, it's no wonder that outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking in "The Land of Enchantment" attract visitors from around the world.
Thornburg believes that diversity and inclusivity are vital to positive long-term success for our strategies and the firm's broader business outcomes. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The firm provides annual progress reports to the investment management team, shareholders, and executive management to highlight multiple diversity and inclusivity metrics and continually work to bring awareness to the importance of this issue.