Raptor Scientific, a Connecticut-based aerospace test system manufacturer has a full-time position for a software programmer in its engineering department. This position is hands-on, on premise only with no remote work anticipated. We are seeking a highly skilled, object-oriented software programmer capable of coding in the visual languages. This position is for those with working experience in machine control, sensor data acquisition and processing.
Who are we?
· A small, healthy company with an avant-garde culture featuring flexible work hours.
· A world leading high technology manufacturer and solutions provider.
· A creative, diverse, and focused group of industry experts who embrace an entrepreneurial spirit.
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrated minimum of 3 years proficiency in industrial or scientific based visual object-oriented programming.
- AS or BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, or similar
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS setup and configuration management.
- Strong working knowledge of common industrial automation and control interface hardware
- Microsoft C#, Visual Basic, LabVIEW
- Strong mathematics background with good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with the basics of electronics theory, electronic test-equipment use, and testing methods.
What will you do?
- Software development and debugging for machine automation, data acquisition, and data processing of aerospace test instruments.
- Electro-mechanical testing and troubleshooting of software-controlled machine systems and sub systems.
- System performance checkout of instrumentation
- Configure deliverable computer systems to operate with new and existing system.
- Software development support for system upgrades and improvements.
- Travel to customer site for installation of new equipment as well as service and support for previously installed equipment.
How will you grow?
· You will get the chance to be creative. To apply this creativity toward harmonizing software with mathematics, electronics, and precision mechanics; with the goal of pushing the envelope of what has been previously done.
· To learn new things; expand and improve your skillset.
· To make a difference. To make your ideas heard by working within a small company.
· You are given the opportunity to succeed.
· To be part of something larger. You will get to work with companies in “New Space” as well as established giants like Boeing, Lockheed, and the National Laboratories.
· To work in an interesting and diverse range of end-use markets and applications
What are we like?
· We are individuals heavily focused on “the goal” with little ancillary distraction.
· We have a culture of problem-solving with focus on solutions, not blame.
· Our management team is very accessible.
· We are not micromanagers - You are given individual or small collaborative group ownership of tasks.
· We support each other to succeed. A company driven to achieve common goals while sharing in the responsibilities.
Competitive salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
· 80/20 healthcare, dental, and vision
· 401K with company matching.
· ancillary disability, voluntary life, and accident insurances available a la carte
· wellness initiatives
· revenue bonus plan
· education assistance plan
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the ITAR definition of; “A U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.”
Please do not contact the company. No recruiters please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear a mask and maintain social distancing in the facility. Employee based cleaning protocols are in place to disinfect common areas and personal spaces.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place