This role can work out of our Littleton, NH, Providence, RI, Burlington, VT, or a home-based New England office.
A Senior Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. This position performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. A Senior Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, setup and configure complex Layer 2 and Layer 3 switched and routed environments within multi site customer networks.
- Assist in the design of multi-physical and virtual server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, Ether-Channeling, VLAN tagging/trunking, Load Balancing, etc
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the best practices behind Internet Protocol and Routing and Switching technologies such as Internet eBGP/iBGP, OSPF, QOS, 802.1q VLANs, SMTP mail flow, SIP/H323 call flows, iSCSI/NFS storage, and other common TCP+UDP protocols.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of LAN and WAN technologies including traditional 802.3 wired and 802.11 wireless Ethernet as well as carrier Ethernet services, MPLS, and Broadband Cable/DSL, as well as PPP, Frame-Relay, and ISDN PRI.
- Configure and setup wired and wireless LANs including guest or BYOD and 802.1x secure access scenarios.
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls and Routers for new or existing Internet or other secure applications requiring site to site IPSec and client remote access VPNs as well as SSL and GRE/DMVPN tunneling.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance within secure or insecure public and private facilities.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Complete time logs to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers
- Technical mentoring, leadership, or other duties as assigned by management
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Current CCNP certification (or working towards)
- Cisco Unified Communications and Unified Computing infrastructure a plus
- VMWare vSphere/ESX, Windows Server 2008 & 2012; Exchange and/or SQL experience a plus
- Understanding of proper security in commercial, law enforcement and healthcare environments
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
Cisco Networking: 5 years
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Computer networking: 1 year (Preferred)
- LAN: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations