Our charter is to provide a world-class product that weaves our culture of safety into the guest experience. To this end, this position requires a unique blend of creativity, technical mastery, collaboration, and a clear understanding of the direction to design solutions to complex problems as a member of Walt Disney World Resort’s Global Engineering & Technology group. The successful candidate will come to the table with a good measure of technical experience, a strong educational background, and an ardent drive for continuous self-improvement. This position is for a control systems engineer or technical specialist who is also proficient in Cybersecurity skills as detailed below. The primary tasks of this position will be to align Cybersecurity solutions with WDW’s existing and incoming control systems.
- Conduct day-to-day maintenance and administration of host and network firewall solutions.
- Assist in identifying root causes of operational issues, resolves problems and/or recommends short term and long-term mitigation of issues
- Optimize security tool deployments and introduce scalable processes across cyber security capabilities.
- Specify, design and build network security devices and other cyber components into industrial control systems and networks. Troubleshoot, maintain, and document the same.
- Guide technical craft and other engineers through cyber policies.
- Serve as technical liaison to help inform and guide upper management.
- Help translate industry best practices into Disney policies.
- Stay current on industry trends and technological advances.
- 3+ years in a technical role in support of designing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Network Security solutions.
- Practical experience with:
Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama management platform
Symantec Endpoint Protection or other host Based firewalls
Windows Firewall administration/Group Policy firewall management
Cisco Access Control Lists (ACLs)
Industrial Control Systems, Networks, and Protocols
- Ability to work individually with minimal supervision and as an integral part of a team.
- Proficient in all forms of communication—especially when conveying technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity.
- Strong knowledge of firewall technologies, network architectures, and network protocols.
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation of network documentation and diagramming.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Security+, CySA+, CCNA, GSEC, GCED, GICSP, or other relevant mid-level cybersecurity certifications.
- Palo Alto ACE, PCCET, or PCNSA
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field OR equivalent work experience.