Pacific InterWest Building Consultants, Inc. is seeking a building inspector to join our Northern California team. The territory includes Tracy, Discovery Bay, Mountain House, Manteca, Lodi, Stockton, Sacramento, etc.
Founded in 1995, Pacific InterWest has been engaged in the practice of risk management through architectural peer reviews and third party course of construction inspections throughout the west coast. With operations in Northern California, Southern California, Oregon, Arizona, Nevada and Washington, our team of professionals works with many of the top builder/developers in the country.
Pacific InterWest is currently adding new clients in existing regions and expanding into new geographic markets. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.pacificinterwest.com.
- Our inspectors must be able to work independently, setting their own schedules while meeting the needs of our clients.
- Inspections are performed using our own custom database software (web-based) on a laptop or tablet. Field reports are automatically generated and emailed to the project site superintendent regarding relevant conditions of completed or the “in process” work of project subcontractors. Reports may also be reviewed by project managers, directors of construction, and legal counsel. On occasion, a special inspection may be performed and a field report may be prepared using a template in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word or Excel.
- Site inspections require the ability to view all the pertinent areas of buildings under construction. Inspections may require, but are not limited to, walking, climbing scaffolding and tall ladders, and the ability to access and inspect roof areas.
- The inspector must be able to work constructively with the superintendent, trade workers, suppliers, manufacturers’ representatives, design professionals, and developer management to achieve the best possible field results.
- The inspector must be able to read, understand, and interpret architectural and engineering drawings and details of wood framed construction projects. The ability to review project drawings for missing or poor details of window installation, water intrusion, sound transmission, fire related issues, roof structures, and other high-risk areas is critical to the proper performance of the job.
- The inspector must be able to clearly communicate, in writing and verbally, with project team members and company management about relevant construction systems and processes.
- The inspector shall be knowledgeable of code requirements, regional trade practices, and manufacturers’ installation requirements for common materials. The inspector must be able to identify correct, or incorrect, installation methods in the field with special emphasis on the weather envelope. A clear understanding of the component products and installation of stucco, lath, windows, doors, decks/balconies, flashing, and roofs is essential.
- Current ICC certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment, as a residential building inspector (B1);
- 5 years of multifamily residential construction experience;
- Strong knowledge of the CRC 2013 and CBC 2013 & CBC 2016;
- Reliable transportation and acceptable driving record as this position requires daily travel to and from our client’s job sites.
Pacific InterWest offers a highly competitive compensation package, including 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, and a 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
- Residential Construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off