Cleared Thermal Analyst Engineer under minimal direction will perform a variety of thermal engineering tasks including:
- Analysis, design, or test nature.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of analytical engineering problems.
- Select and/or modify proven methods, mathematical formulas, previous design and test information, handbook data or other available information related to the assignment.
- Thermal analysis of avionics, structures and liquid propellants.
- Perform heat transfer analysis of components and systems on the ground and in space.
- Use classical heat transfer methods and software to predict temperatures and design thermal protection of spacecraft and missile systems on the ground and in flight
- Learn and develop proficiency with thermal software (Sinda/Fluint, Thermal Desktop, TSS and Sinda G, and other specialized heat transfer codes)
- Interpret, select, and apply NASA/DOD/military specifications and customer requirements to accomplish specific analyses
- Support thermal Vacuum test planning, execution and model correlation
- Produce engineering documentation and technical reports/analyses to support design, integration, and testing efforts
- Candidate shall be responsible for gathering, compiling, and interpreting technical data such as flight data, test data, or material test reports
- Candidate must be able to take direction and address issues using skills obtained in the field of Mechanical Engineering, or related thermal sciences, preferably as it relates to space and missile systems.
- Other duties upon request
Job Experience Requirements:
- Candidate must have a minimum of four years of related experience.
- TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- Strong thermal background with demonstrated work experience and knowledge as a thermal analyst and test engineer
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with thermodynamics, aerodynamics, compressible flow and fluid mechanics
- Thermal Desktop, Sinda, TSS, and Matlab experience
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate should possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must have basic problem solving skills and computer skills with standard word processing/spreadsheet experience
- Candidate should be able to listen effectively, take direction, and possess initiative to accomplish assigned tasks and complete work in a timely fashion
- TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQURIED
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is required.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $85.00 - $100.00 per hour
- Spacecraft Thermal engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Thermal Desktop/Sinda: 5 years (Required)
- Top Secret Clearance (Required)