- Mechanical Knowledge
- Mechanical Engineering Experience
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Mechanical Engineer for Ship Physical Systems (SPS) group. Candidate will be part of the Ship Integration and Test (SI&T) team supporting Camden, NJ operations. The mechanical engineer will support SPS engineering with the development and modification of technical documentation in the support of tasking from NAVSEA, PEO IWS, and MDA representatives. Assist in the Technical Data Package (TDP) development process for US Navy new construction, modernization, back fit, and AIT projects. Position will involve interaction with LM Design engineering.
Specific engineering responsibilities include:
1) Candidate will develop the skills and requirements associated with the development and maintenance of AEGIS combat system equipment arrangement and interface drawings and other documentation for shipbuilding contract packages; the review of vendor Installation Control Drawings, the development of Technical Data Package products, and the generation of as-built drawings. Candidate will be assisting in the performance of critical engineering analyses and the execution of equipment arrangement studies. Will support the design of combat system arrangement models in 3-D CAD and convert models into a simulation software package for virtual prototyping. Will work with various CAD systems in converting vendor and shipbuilder information into applicable formats for use in design studies. Could possibly support shipchecks to determine existing ship conditions; provide on-site engineering support during installation and test of new equipment and systems.
2) Support current SPS engineers in the generation of technical data change packages via AUTOCAD software program: ECNs, ECPs, etc. to support system modifications and baseline upgrades.
3) Interfacing with the Navy customer, PMOs, vendors, and other Systems Engineering activities to define shipboard and land based facility equipment arrangements.
4) Candidate may be required to support limited, short term travel to waterfront and land based locations.
Experience with mechanical and/or systems integration; with knowledge of USN surface ship combat system equipment and land site simulators a plus.
Basic understanding of the AEGIS Combat System program philosophies including the Shipbuilders’ role, the role of the major equipment vendors of the ACS, and the role of the Land Sites as Development, Test, Acceptance, Production, and Training facilities for AEGIS a plus.
Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
Strong initiative characteristics and interpersonal skills, including ability to write detailed reports and effectively prepare and give presentations.
Experience interfacing with Naval organizations and basic knowledge of their functional structure a plus
BS in Mechanical Engineering, System Engineering or Computer Science preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.