This is an exciting time to join Power System Engineering (PSE). We have been partnering with electric utility, energy, agriculture, and industrial clients for over 40 years providing innovative engineering and consulting services and solutions. As an industry leader, PSE fosters a culture focused on our employees and clients, forward-thinking, innovation, integrity, and safety which drives the growth and success of our company, and supports our clients in managing their power grid, water supply, gas systems, and communications networks more effectively.
PSE is looking for a full-time Senior Engineer to join our highly collaborative team in Sioux Falls, SD. You will have significant opportunities to interact with clients, be exposed to exciting projects, and build a Regional office all while being surrounded by a network of supportive colleagues. Responsibilities include managing client relationships, providing day-to-day technical operations support, performing engineering studies, making decisions on staffing needs, and being an enthusiastic member of our team.
- On behalf of all PSE practice areas, manage the relationship of assigned electric utility clients within the region.
- On behalf of all PSE practice areas, develop new electric utility client relationships in the region. Assist with business development activities including marketing visits to prospective clients in South Dakota, Western Minnesota, North Dakota, and Iowa.
- Strategically hire and staff a team of professionals and support staff as needed. Provide leadership (both direct and indirect reports) and direct efforts in providing a wide range of engineering, planning, design, and technical consulting services to PSE’s electric utility clients in the region.
- Manage client relationships, provide client support in areas of technical competencies, and coordinate client support by other PSE colleagues outside of technical competencies.
- Proactively communicate with clients on a regular basis to assure PSE is meeting their needs.
- With the support of PSE colleagues, provide day-to-day technical operations support to clients including, but not limited to, switching procedures, motor starting analysis, equipment sizing and specifications, system maintenance, relay, and control setting, and power quality investigations.
- With the support of PSE colleagues, perform utility studies including by not limited to long-range plans, construction work plans, distributed energy resource system impact studies, protection/sectionalizing, arc flash, power factor correction, and system reliability.
- With the support of PSE colleagues, perform engineering economic analysis of client projects and annual operations and maintenance expenses.
- Work in a cooperative fashion with PSE colleagues to maximize client support offerings.
Education and Experience
The following are the minimum requirements for this position.
The candidate must have a BSEE with a minimum of 5 years of working experience in the electric power industry preferred.
- The candidate must have an active professional engineer license and be capable of becoming licensed in South Dakota and other states.
- The candidate shall be self-motivated and have experience in power system planning and operations.
- High level of interpersonal, problem solving, leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to achieve quality results, be change-oriented, foster innovation and be a continuous learner.
- Possess the ability to continually identify and recommend process and/or system improvements to facilitate efficiencies.
- Working knowledge of the NESC, RUS, ANSI, and applicable IEEE standards.
PSE conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship is a precondition of employment.
Power System Engineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, color, ancestry, or national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location