Summary of Position:
The Engineer keeps all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. Completes maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following the hotel's standard operating procedures. Continually works towards and supports the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments, and fellow staff.
- Maintain rooms in optimal operating condition by performing repairs as needed.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Performs general plumbing, electrical, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) repair to the facility’s equipment and systems.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of the pools.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Thorough knowledge of general plumbing, electrical, and HVAC repair.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, and crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able 50 pounds at a time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place