What is Greenline?
We are a Canadian cannabis point-of-sale (POS) with the vision of building the most reliable, scalable and secure omni-channel retail experience in the world. We have a rapidly growing team that's distributed across Canada, working remotely to support 250+ retail stores process millions of payments a year.
Why do you want to work here?
- "Find something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life."
- We're passionate about our work and we have fun every day
- We care about you and where you want to take your career; pick your project and things you want to do, we'll do our best to make it happen
- Have an idea? Know a better way of doing things? Tell us about it, let's make it happen
- You like to work on hard problems and be challenged on a daily basis
- Our goal is to put the right people in the right place and let them focus on doing what they do best. It's simple we get the best out of you and you get the best out of us.
- Location: 100% Remote, Work from anywhere in Canadian time zones
How we work?
- "The process serves the work"
- Agile, Sprints, Retros, Design Sessions, Pull Requests, Paired Programming, Lunch'n Learns
- Improving the team through mentorship, proposing improvements, and sharing knowledge
- If there are better ways of doing something, let's do it.
Who you are
- Spent more than a couple years as a developer
- Passionate about systems, security, automation, performance
- Comfortable writing IaC with AWS SDK and TypeScript (no yaml here)
- Understanding of AWS CloudFormation Stacks, AWS Pipelines
- Effective communicator between engineering disciplines
- Detail oriented and confident in your domain
- Curious about the cutting edge of developer operations
- Deeply familiar with AWS Cloud Platform and best practices
- Experience building and maintaining a complete system and multiple environments using Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Familiar with relational database management (EverSQL, Slow Queries, Index Utilization, CPU, Cache Swap, etc)
- Experience managing and supporting a large scale, high throughput system (requests per second)
Your role and responsibilities
- less than 50% of time spent on ops work: tickets, on-call, manual tasks, etc.
- 50% actually writing code. Automating manual tasks ("toil") away.
- "Do it, improve it, automate it"
- Monitor and improve: availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to increase efficiency and remove roadblocks
- Working with the Architecture team to propose solutions to our growing infrastructure needs
- Stack: Node, Express, TypeScript, React, ReactNative, MobX, Containers
- AWS: ECS, ECR, RDS, Lambda, EventBridge, SQS, etc.
- Tools: GitHub, New Relic, TestFlight, Xcode
- CI/CD: AWS CodePipeline, TravisCI
- IaC: AWS: CLI, CDK (TypeScript), CloudFormation Stacks
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Site Reliability Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- TypeScript: 1 year (Required)
- AWS: 2 years (Required)
- Software development: 3 years (Required)
- Network infrastructure: 3 years (Required)
- Git: 3 years (Required)
- NewRelic: 1 year (Preferred)
- DevOps: 5 years (Preferred)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Preferred)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (Preferred)