Today, recognized as one of the West Coast’s most reputable and reliable heavy civil construction contractors, California Engineering Contractors, Inc. (CEC) regularly and successfully tackles difficult, complex projects with skill and professionalism, consistently delivering top-quality work, on time and under budget. The company’s well known focus on technically demanding and schedule-driven projects has characterized CEC since it opened its doors for business in 1972.
Since then, CEC has emerged as an industry pioneer in its ongoing efforts to create and implement innovative techniques and solutions in order to meet the increasingly complex demands and needs of the construction industry, as illustrated by its ample portfolio. The company’s experience now includes virtually all types and sizes of public works projects – railroad construction, seismic retrofit and rehabilitation of major structures, bridge construction and demolition, marine construction, flood control structures and other infrastructure-related projects.
CEC has an opening for a Field, Office Engineer, Project Engineer position. The Field, Office, Project Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support to the field & office construction team and reports to the project management team. The qualified candidate must have a BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related field.
- Provide engineering support to assist the field construction team.
- Review drawings, RFI's and other documents.
- Establish and maintain project records and documents.
- Perform various drafting and CADD assignments.
- Assist with implementing and monitoring the various construction activities.
- Assist with monthly billings.
- Perform other such duties as Supervisor may deem necessary.
- Interact and correspond with Owner in resolution of problems.
- Field layout and surveying.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or closely related field.
- Basic knowledge of construction specifications, methods and procedures.
- Ability to apply engineering principles to construction challenges.
- Previous construction internship or co-op work experience is a plus.
- Minimum GPA 3.4 and above
- CEC offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We include Medical and Dental Insurance, performance based bonuses, and matching 401(k) contributions.
- CEC is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a Drug-Free Work Environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)