Do you want to shape the future of AI? DARPA is spending $2 Billion to develop the next wave of AI technologies.
If you are an engineer who wants to help guide this investment, apply today to join the CENTRA team.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. is a leading provider of engineering, scientific, and program management support services to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). We are at the forefront of breakthrough technology development and demonstration programs in multiple areas, including hypersonics, autonomous systems, advanced sensors, propulsion, aircraft and space systems. We are currently seeking talented, enthusiastic, and dynamic individuals to support DARPA in formulating, coordinating, managing, and transitioning advanced research and development programs to the U.S. military.
Our Arlington, Virginia office is seeking candidates to support cutting-edge, advanced technology development efforts at DARPA to include advising program managers on the application of artificial intelligence on their programs. Candidates will work closely with Government Program Managers as well as high level personnel throughout the Government, industry and R&D communities. Candidates must be technically strong and possess superior oral and written communications skills.
Technical and management responsibilities include:
Required technical qualifications:
- Providing technical leadership and subject matter expertise in monitoring the execution of advanced technology development and demonstration programs
- Performing independent technical assessments and feasibility analyses of the artificial intelligence aspects of new technologies and system designs
- Aiding in the test planning, monitoring, and reporting on tests and demonstrations
- Supporting technical interchange meetings and design reviews
- Leading programmatic and technical discussions with government and industry teams
- Identifying and implementing new program concepts
- Authoring and presenting program plans, status briefings and technical reports
Desired technical qualifications:
- Subject matter expertise in several artificial intelligence fields including machine learning algorithms to include deep learning, expert systems design and path planning algorithms
- Understanding of various software deployment configurations (GPUs, FPGAs, cloud based, etc.)
- Experience and understanding of state of the art artificial intelligence applications, technology development challenges and risk areas
- Experience in supporting artificial intelligence systems development efforts for defense-related technology research and/or development programs
- Experience with software and hardware in the loop testing
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve program execution issues
- Experience with implementing unmanned ground or air vehicle planning and control
- Experience with applying AI technologies to sensor management and processing
- Understanding of Agile software development and test approaches
- Experience with open architecture, network protocols, real time operating systems and various government standards (e.g., UCS, UCI, FACE)
- Understanding of software systems engineering to include requirements and UML artifact development
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant degree with 5 years of relevant experience. A PhD or Master’s degree will not offset experience required.
- Clearance Required: At a minimum, an existing Secret Clearance is required.
- Travel: Occasional travel may be required.