Position: Ground Systems Operation and Maintenance Engineer (O&ME)
Location: Naalehu, HI
Provide hands-on technical operations and maintenance service at our satellite ground station in Naalehu, HI.
SSC (www.sscspace.com) enables its customers to help Earth benefit from space. Through the efforts of our 600 employees around the world, we provide specialized competence in design, test, launch and operation of space and air systems.
SSC Space Hawaii remote ground station is an important part of the global SSC organization supporting a variety of international satellite programs.
Our team maintains and operates equipment to support satellite launches and ongoing satellite missions,
Ground Systems Operation and Maintenance Engineer (O&ME)
SSC Space US is seeking well-motivated individuals to join our ground station team. You will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects related to the activities at a satellite earth station. This is a hands-on role encompassing operation and maintenance of our state of the art satellite communications systems as well as general site maintenance.
- General ground station maintenance
- Preventative Maintenance (PM) on antenna systems and infrastructure
- Fault isolation and repairs of equipment
- Emergency response, 24/7
- Service, maintenance, and testing of operational equipment and infrastructure
- Operation of ground station equipment during new satellite launches and critical support periods
- Support new equipment installation
- Managing service contractors
- New ground station establishment
- Documentation and record keeping
Minimum Essential Requirements
- Initiative and commitment to provide excellent support to our customers
- Ability to work in a small team
- Mechanical Skills
- Knowledge of RF test and measurement
- Basic understanding of electrical and electronic test equipment
- Desire and ability to learn the technical aspects of ground station equipment
- Ability to work at heights up to 15-meters, including operating elevated working platforms
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in all seasons
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to work nights and weekends when required. Ability to support occasional recall to the site (call-out) within 2 hours for emergency response activities
- Ability to follow and enforce safe work practices
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other common applications
- Current motor vehicle driver's license
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency status
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation
- Occasional travel assignments, 1-2 weeks typical
- Communications equipment experience
- Prior ground station or teleport work experience
- Understanding of RF communications systems (eg. satellite communications, ham radio, etc)
- Skills with IT and network equipment, to include the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Relevant Trade, Military or University qualifications
The successful applicant will be expected to enhance and grow skills across a broad range of activities.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume, cover letter and salary requirements through Indeed. No recruiters please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $99,999,999.00 per year