RK&K is hiring an entry level Water Resources Engineer to join our successful and growing Atlanta, GA office.
As a Water Resources Engineer with RK&K your responsibilities will include design assistance and management of assigned projects, including, but not limited to green infrastructure design, stormwater modeling, design, layout and analysis of open and closed storm drainage systems for linear transportation projects, hydraulic flood studies, stormwater management, stream and wetland restoration/mitigation, and sedimentation and erosion control design:
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Design and analysis of green infrastructure Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Design of storm drainage features
- Hydrologic and hydraulic watershed modeling using one-dimensional and two-dimensional modeling software
- Design of Sediment and Erosion Control Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Preparation of environmental permit drawings
- Preparation of construction plans and specifications
- Floodplain analysis utilizing HEC-RAS software
- FEMA floodplain analysis and compliance
- Use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation design software
- Capable of coordinating simultaneous tasks/projects
- Proficient communicating technical information
- Able to work closely with other design disciplines to determine most practical solutions,
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- 4-year degree from an ABET accredited civil/environmental engineering program (or related degree)
- Working knowledge of basic hydrologic and hydraulics principals
- 0-3 years of experience in water resources
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam preferred
- Full time engineering, engineering internship or Cooperative Education experience preferred
- Ability to learn MicroStation and/or AutoCad; Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer:
RK&K offers excellent potential for career advancement and professional growth. We also offer attractive compensation packages commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401(k) plan with company matching.
With 25 offices from Pennsylvania to Florida and ranked 68th on ENR’s 2019 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, our design and construction management firm specializes in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,400 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
“RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana”
RK&K ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information, require special assistance for persons with disabilities, or limited English proficiency, you may contact Human Resources at (410)728-2900