Great West Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Transportation Civil Engineer to join either our Helena, Billings, or Great Falls Montana office. Great West is a growing consulting firm specializing in environmental, municipal, transportation, natural resources, and solid waste engineering. This is a great opportunity to support an established team of talented engineers, scientists, and other technical professionals. Great West provides opportunities to work on interesting and challenging projects. We promote training and professional development and encourage involvement in professional organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Perform engineering related calculations, analysis, and design tasks.
- Write technical specifications, reports, and other correspondence to a variety of audiences.
- Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
- Learn and apply company standards and best practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an accredited university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
EI required in the state of Montana or the ability to get the required license within six months of hire. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Benefits and Compensation
- Student Loan Assistance
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Traditional & Roth 401k plans
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Family oriented environment
For more than 30 years, Great West Engineering has been creating infrastructure solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be an engineering company of choice to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service and collaboration. Great West offers competitive salaries, bonus time for billable overtime hours, and an excellent benefits package that includes insurance and a 401(k) program with company match.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Fundamentals of Engineering (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location