Join Our Team!
GN is a world class manufacture for Oil and Gas, Automotive, Agricultural, Forestry industries and Original Equipment Manufacturer of Well Stimulation Equipment. Our 115,000 square-feet facility is equipped with state-of-the-art CNC Machine tools, CMMs, robotics and well trained staff who will be working with you for a successful career at GN.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Setup and operation of automated manufacturing cells with the following components
· Multi-Tasking 5 axis (CNC) machines. (Lathe & Mill)
- Coordinated Measurement Machine (CMM)
- Tool Presetting and Measuring System
- Robotic systems servicing all above cell components.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience setting up and operating CNC machines.
- Experience in multitasking machines (Lathe with live tooling preferred)
- Journeymen Machinist certification with interprovincial Read Seal endorsement is an asset (equivalent experience is acceptable)
- Working knowledge of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (AOH&S) Regulations to ensure a safe workplace and the specifics health & safety practices in the machining industry.
- Adept at identifying CNC program efficiency opportunities to implement with the manufacturing department and CNC programmers.
- Proficient in the fine tuning of machining parameters.
- Proficient with reading & interpreting manufacturing drawings, Imperial and Metric dimensioning systems, symbols including: Geometrical tolerances, isometrics, sections-views, texture-finishing, limits and fits function.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in completing setups in multitasking machines with live tooling to ensure dimensional conformance with specifications required in manufacturing drawings and control plans, i.e.: Cutting threads, deep hole boring with tight size and geometrical tolerances.
- Experience in the inspection and completing of records using precision measuring tools, comparators and gauges applicable to the machining trade. This includes the inspection of straight and taper screw threads; Acme, Stub-Acme, API: Buttress Casing, Round Casing, Line Pipe Casing, etc.
- Proficient with Math and Geometry from the Machinist trade.
- Versed in troubleshooting and debugging manufacturing processes on each one of the components listed above.
- Working knowledge and understanding of: Continual Improvement methodologies, ISO 9001, 5S, Total Productive Maintenance, Standardize work, Lean-Six Sigma, Experience using these methodologies to improve and sustain process capability, reduce overall cost and increase capacity.
- Assist as required with machine lock outs and preventive maintenance of the automated cell components.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching other machinists
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following are not required but would be considered an asset;
- A combination of experience and related to the industry diploma or certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution ARE WELCOMED TO APPLY i.e. diplomas and/or certificates in Robotics Technician, Technician in Automation and Industrial Controls, Mechatronics, etc.
- Working knowledge on the use & purpose of Statistical Tools & Technics to Analyze Data, I.e., Using data for process improvement & decision making, understanding the Cause of Variation and Process Capability .
- Working knowledge of Data -driven problem solving
- Working knowledge and skills calibrating probes, setting up fixtures and programs in Coordinated Measurement Machines (CMM) or ability and eager to learn.
- Working knowledge and experience in using tool pre-setters. Inspecting and measuring integrity of tools/holders creating tool offsets files.
- Working knowledge of Ferrous & non ferrous alloys materials, heat resistant alloys, composites, elastomers, identification, mechanical properties and machinability.
- Apprentices are also welcomed to apply
- Successful applicants must prove experience and competency on interview(s) in the shop floor.
- A pre-employment screening will be conducted: Medical test, Hearing testing baseline, Fitness to Job Position (PDA), Substance Abuse screening , Security clearance & Security Assessment.
- The position will require some shift flexibility with the possibility for overtime. GN operates 24 Hours/Day 7 Days/Week
- GN will provide training onsite i.e., Hands On Training in multitasking machines
- For the employees working in automated lines GN will also provide training on FANUC & ABB Robots operation, handling tool operation and programing. e. g.: Safety procedures, power up and jog the Robot, recover of common program and robots faults, execute production operations, create-modify and execute a material handling program, create and execute macros, monitor force and simulate input-output signals, tech pendant program, backup and restore individual programs and files.
- Travelling for training to USA may be required, all successful candidates will be required to have their passport and/or visa endorsement depending upon their status in Canada.
We thank all applicants, however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$36.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Program editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- CNC machine operation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Continuous learning: 1 year (Preferred)