This position requires a Secret Clearance.
MLT Systems is currently seeking Technical Editor and Writer personnel to provide documentation quality control support to the Portfolio Manager (PfM) Supporting Establishment Systems (SES) Program Management Office. The Technical Editors and Writers position will provide support in developing, updating, publishing, and/or maintaining Marine Corps Orders (MCOs), Manuals, Directives, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), MARADMINS, and Naval Messages that are related to SES programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with developers, systems engineers, and program managers to drive the scope and direction of product end-user documentation.
- Provide editorial and quality assurance support for documents, functional descriptions, system specifications, user manuals, reports, training materials, and other customer deliverables to support formal and informal reviews throughout the development cycle.
- Utilize experience with customer-related regulations and support the creation and/or revision of regulatory and policy documentation requirements.
- Comply with DoD, USMC, and military standards for technical writing style/format.
- Review and edit documents for grammar and punctuation and perform quality control to ensure consistency of writing style throughout.
- Review, proofread and modify technical documentation, including, but not limited to, system specifications, user manuals, software products, and special reports, and recommend updates to ensure published document standards are met.
- Use established templates, as mandated, or design document layouts to assist project/program managers with the preparation of official documents, such as acquisition planning documents, briefings, information papers, correspondence, and technical documents.
- Ensure documentation and document review processes are in accordance with all mandatory DoD, DON, and MCSC policies, directives, regulations, and guidance.
- Develop, edit, and submit point papers, presentations, and reports regarding research, analyses and document builds to government leads for publications.
- Assist government staff in developing and delivering public affairs recommendations based on analysis of organizational feedback, policy statements and guidance material.
- Assist with assessment of suitability, probable impact of, and coordinates approval of all materials prepared by contractor and Government personnel intended for public release.
- Develop and publish Monthly Status Reports for delivery to the customer.
- Assist in the development of material, particularly its logical order and structure.
- Participate in meetings to collect minutes and action items.
- Review and update Memoranda of Understanding (MOU), Memoranda of Agreement (MOA), Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Interface Control Agreements (ICAs).
Successful candidates must be experts in English language in general, have a demonstrated command of the Department of the Navy Correspondence Manual (SECNAVINST M-5216.5), and have a demonstrated command of technology conventions of associated technical terminologies.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college/university in Communications, English, Business or a related field.
Five (5) years of progressive professional experience, including two (2) years of experience in preparing technical documentation in a program office or similar organization are required. This position requires excellent written/oral communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Applications, strong organizational skills, and the ability to perform detail-oriented work under strict deadlines. Must be proficient in online publishing software and programs, such as Ventura, Word, and Extensible Markup Language, as well as information management. Expertise with customer-related regulations, and experience in preparing and editing regulatory documentation submissions. Working knowledge of the customer requirements and associated Technical Manuals (TMs), the Modification Work Orders (MWOs), defense acquisition process experience is preferred. Further, successful candidates shall have demonstrated experience in producing and finalizing documents that are cohesive, free of redundant sections, and use consistent terminology and structure.
EEO AA M/F/VET/Disability