This Design Engineer is accountable for the preparation of Fixture and Display drawings for customer's approval and detail fabrication drawings details.
- Produce architectural fixture drawing specifications for customer review based on the prescribed design using the corporate standard for engineering/drawing model
- Incorporate engineered, efficient, best practice design/production methods in the design/detail drawing process
- Product development - find, source, develop information and details for efficient production resulting in excellent quality
- Production/manufacturing review - interact with production to assure design/production flow
- Resourceful, innovative and a true passion for value engineering and cost reductions, with a sensitivity to design
- Accuracy of design/production methods in the design/detail drawing process
- Timelines of submissions to production
- Evaluating cost efficiencies for buy/out ordered items
- Knowledgeable of customer service satisfaction
- Cost Savings.
Qualifications and Academic Preferences
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Industrial Design (or equivalent related experience)
- Minimum 5 years of engineering/detailing experience in the Store Fixture and/or related industries
- Extensive knowledge of various technical software tools including Solid Works, Autocad, Inventor, 3D programs, etc.
- Demonstrated creativity in value engineering
- Knowledgeable of multi-materials including wood, metal, plastics, glass, etc.
- Good verbal and written skills. Ability to communicate and present to internal and external clients.
- Excellent time management skills
- Good organization skills
- Proficient basic math skills
- Ability to work in a demanding, multi-task environment
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and vendors
- Office working environment with exposure to manufacturing wood shop