Come Grow with Us!
Hull is a leader in environmental and engineering consulting with offices throughout the Midwest. Our employees feel a connection with the work we do knowing we are actively working to enhance the quality of life in our communities.
We embrace collaborative problem solving, open communication and continuous learning. Our goal in partnership with our clients is to create unique and lasting solutions to their project needs.
Currently we are seeking an Ecological/Environmental Engineer II for our Toledo, OH office. The type of projects this person will work on are related to nutrient management and water quality protection, wetland and habitat creation/restoration and shoreline improvements. The ideal candidate will be someone with Civil 3D CAD experience who can develop conceptual design plans.
In addition to the above, you will have the opportunity to use your skills and passion to contribute to a dynamic range of projects. With ample opportunities for career advancement and our great benefits, we are sure to give you a challenging yet satisfying job experience!
With guidance, this person will perform technical and limited project management duties on a number of small and diverse projects, and with a team on relatively large complex projects requiring independent study and responsible judgement. Performs and directs computer aided design for exhibits and drawings in support of projects. Occasionally serves as client contact for small projects as part of routine project execution.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of health and safety plans, implements health and safety plans, including client specific requirements and documentation such as forms, Job safety analysis (JSA’s) etc;
- Perform computations and process data using computer software or other established methods;
- Prepare detailed plans, technical specifications, and reports using Hull’s CAD standards;
- Assist Project Manager with directing work tasks assigned to project team including review of drawings prepared by other team members;
- Assists Project Manager with tracking work progress via project management software;
- Serves as a technical resource for projects including developing and evaluating alternative solutions to engineering problems;
- Collect and interpret data through research, file reviews, field observations and measurements, field testing and other methods. Prepare associated reports and deliver to Project Manager for review;
- Prepare cost estimates for design implementation, including partnering with appropriate staff for quality assurance review;
- Prepares permit application packages and coordinates with reviewing agencies under guidance of Project Manager;
- Assist with preparation of proposals including performing research, visiting the site to gather information; outlining scope tasks and estimated labor hours and expenses and drafting proposal language under the guidance of a Project Manager or supervisor.
- Experience in developing conceptual designs in Civil 3D
- Excellent organizational skills including planning and executing own work tasks, as well as tasks of other team members, to meet project deadlines;
- Scheduling, data management, and project file management for project calculation, models, drawings and specifications;
- Proven technical skills including field observations, accurate measurements, mentoring staff in use and care of equipment, use of technical software and modeling programs;
- Proven proactive communication skills both internally and externally;
- Experience with problem solving and history of willingness to share new ideas with supporting research.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution. Ecological or Environmental Engineering degree a plus.
Working toward Professional Engineering license.
Generally, more than 3 years relevant experience. Advanced degree and/or cooperative education may count toward a portion of experience.
Primarily in a climate-controlled office environment but occasionally required to be on job sites exposed to a variety of temperatures and possibly uneven terrain.
Physical requirements primarily include sitting, walking with occasional lifting, pushing and pulling.
Hull is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.