Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
We are excited to present an exceptional opportunity for an aspiring Pipeline Project Engineer to join Kleinfelder and become a key part in supporting a large, exciting oil and gas project! This position is part of our team located in the Hamilton, NJ office.
This Pipeline Project Engineer is an essential role on our team and will help to maintain project momentum and growth and build on existing client relationships. The ideal candidate will have direct interaction with project and program managers to provide pipeline engineering services through field visits, client meetings, technical reports, and design reviews. This position offers the chance to be a part of fast-paced work environment with an exciting client, while presenting the opportunity for both formal and on the job training with related certifications and licensures associated with this industry.
The ideal candidate will be presented with the following responsibilities in this role:
- Participating on project teams in the planning, design and construction administration of oil & gas pipeline and related facilities projects.
- Interaction and project coordination with multidiscipline teams including sub-contractors.
- Assist in work activities and communicating with various municipality, utility, and governmental regulating agencies.
- Infrastructure design services including coordinating acquisition of utility information; supporting the development of design concepts and criteria for pipeline relocation projects; hydraulic, civil and environmental design review of pipeline relocation projects; coordination of contract documents including plans and specifications; coordination of permit and approval applications; bid phase services support; design support during construction;
- Coordinating acquisition of utility information
- Supporting the development of design concepts and criteria for pipeline relocation projects
- Coordination of contract documents including plans and specifications
- Bid phase services support
- Design support during construction
- Field support and oversight (approximately 50/50 split of field and office work)
- Providing technical support to Gas Utility Technical Supervisors, Field Engineering Representatives, and other departments, subcontractors and organizations.
- Participating in special projects or tasks as required.
The qualified applicant will need to obtain their OSHA 40 Training Certificate prior to their start date with Kleinfelder.
- BS in Engineering - preferably Civil
- 4-8 years of engineering experience including a mix of field and design
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Team player possessing strong planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel for periodic, short-term site visits and client engagement within an area ranging from VA to NY.
- Must be detail oriented
- EIT or PE
- Some pipeline experience including information collection, coordinating with sub consultants, coordination with utility companies, municipalities, DOTs and the client, and preferred experience with development of alignment drawings, hydrostatic test plans, nitrogen displacement injection sites, specifications, and support for DOT and environmental permits.
- Certifications including but not limited to API 1169, NACE CIP or CPAP, OSHA 40 or 30, Competent Person Training, NACE Cathodic Protection
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.