Thielsch Engineering - James Chemical Engineering (JCE) Division
JCE Department Manager
James Chemical Engineering (JCE) Division
JCE is a division of Thielsch Engineering, Inc. which provides design engineering, project and program management services, and specialty consulting in the fields of chemical process, production, power generation, waste to beneficial use, ammonia/urea fertilizer plants, industrial applications and heavy commercial. Having serviced the chemical industry for over 50 years, JCE has worked with clients in more than 30 countries, assisting plant owners with services including feasibility assessments, technology reviews, failure analysis support, new and expansion design and construction services, optimization services, etc.
The Mechanical Engineer will provide detailed calculation, CAD/design, and equipment selection and specification support for senior level mechanical and process designers and engineers. The Engineer will also provide management/coordination for multi-disciplined design projects. The Engineer requires strong organizational and communication skills to meet the deadline driven nature of the work and must be highly motivated. The candidate should expect to be applying for an intensive learning position. The position may also require field work, inspections and conditional assessments in preparation for design and construction work, as well as process development research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tenacious will to work and learn all aspects of engineering from senior staff and published works.
Demonstrable capabilities to tackle delegated tasks and support the team.
Work on joint projects with other divisions of TEI.
Assist in developing project proposals.
Carry out necessary process design, equipment specification, and project management services for clients in a variety of industries with support from senior staff.
Carry out onsite equipment inspection/process evaluation
This job operates in both a professional office environment as well as on a variety of different job sites (foreign and domestic). Positon will entail occasional exposure to enclosed and confined spaces as well as sedentary work.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside
Worker may be subject to loud noises and hot and cold temperatures while on a work site
May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces
Will climb ladders on an occasional basis
While working in the office the worker will operate in a professional office environment and routinely use standard office equipment
Lifting under 40lbs
Exposure to dusty environment and confined spaces
Typing and computer input
Clarity of vision at both over 20 feet and under 20 inches
Able to judge depth, have a good field of vision, and identify and distinguish colors.
Standing and walking
Typing and computer input
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Will be requested to work overtime as determined by the needs of the department. Up to 30% of the time required to travel to and from job sites, possible longer-term relocation for job specific assignments.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET Accredited program
- Internship Experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with project managers, engineers, designers and other team members.
- 3+ years’ progressive mechanical analysis and design experience within a consulting engineering field.
- Experience in evaluating materials (e.g. ferrous and non-ferrous metals, plastic, ceramic, etc.).
- Familiarity and application of HVAC and Plumbing Systems.
- Working knowledge of ASTM, API and AWS Standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Attention to detail and willingness to apply innovative thinking.
- Ability to work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to manage/coordinate multi-discipline design projects and serve as the point of contact for clients and vendors.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Membership in American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- A Professional Engineering or EIT License
- Any other certifications and/or licenses in the field
Assigned Safety Topics
- Back Injury Prevention
- Confined Space
- Decision Driving
- Electrical Safety: NFPA 70e
- Energized Electrical Safety Permits
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Hazard Communication (Chemical safety)
- Ladder Safety
- Office Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Slips, Trips and Falls
Thielsch Engineering, Inc. is an E-Verify participant and will conduct background investigations and pre-employment screening of candidates for employment Pre-employment activities will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of a job offer.
Thielsch Engineering, Inc. is an employee-owned company and an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.