Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
This Job opportunity is within the Secure Networking division of Cubic Mission Solutions. We specialize in designing small form factor networking equipment for Military and commercial use. Striving to minimize SWaP(Size Weight & Power) wherever possible. Since Cubic acquired Dtech Labs, INC in late 2014, the networking division of CMS has grown exponentially
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Conducts or participates in research, design, development and testing of mechanical hardware to include component modeling/analysis and tolerance analysis for designated products and/or customer applications
- Assesses the severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, performs fault isolation, and implements solutions
- Designs prototype systems
- Design and test thermal solutions for new & existing designs
- Conduct thermal studies in Flow Simulation Software
- Specifies materials, equipment and supplies
- Modifies existing engineering designs
- Conducts prototype construction and test. Logs, compiles and evaluates engineering data
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data
- Assists in preparing design specifications
- Assists in drawing and specification inputs
- Assists in the preparation of specifications and assessment of vendor products
- Applies and maintains quality standards
- Keeps abreast of improvements in mechanical engineering techniques
Four-year college degree in mechanical engineering or science discipline plus a minimum of two years of experience or an applicable Master’s degree. Desired experience in designing, developing and testing hardware. Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to use typical office automation products such as work processing and spreadsheets. Experience with SolidWorks 3D design software. Experience with military standards. Experience with test setup and documentation. Experience with a variety of design techniques for rugged electronics. Preferred experience with networking equipment and setup. Mental ability to perform analytical work. Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines. Good interpersonal skills. Mental ability to perform analytical work. Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines. Good interpersonal skills.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.