TCU Place is looking for an ambitious and critical thinker to join the team as a Building Operator. TCU Place has an exciting team within a great and fun business. We provide the finest entertainment the world has to offer in our 2000 seat Sid Buckwold theatre and celebrate our city, province and country’s achievements along with business and association meetings in our convention and meeting areas. We are looking for someone with a certain spark that will have the ability to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations with providing outstanding service each and every time they come to an event in our building.
The Building Operator is responsible for maintaining the operating building systems including routine and preventative maintenance required to ensure all systems are operating as efficiently and effectively as possible. We are looking for relief staff who are available to take shifts during day from 7am-3:30pm and 3pm-11:30pm on week days and weekends. This is the perfect position for someone who is looking to supplement their income by working approximately 5-10 shifts per month.
- Assists with maintaining the operation of building systems.
- Prepares and maintains maintenance programs, schedules and records.
- Assures maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs to the premise and fixtures.
- Assists with the relocation and installation of fixtures and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building systems maintenance and operation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and other civic employees.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
- Demonstrated skill in the operation and maintenance of building control systems.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
· Grade 12 education.
· Possession of a valid Fourth Class Engineer's Certificate
· Possession of a valid Refrigeration Engineer's Certificate.
· Two years' mechanical and building systems maintenance experience.
· Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
· Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
If you are interested in being part of a great team and feel like you will be a valuable asset to TCU Place, please send your resume attention Human Resources by Feb 6th, 2020 by:
Submitting your resume and cover letter on the City of Saskatoon website at https://www.saskatoon.ca/city-hall/careers-city/current-employment-opportunities/building-operator-call-list
Please advise that the position may be filled before the closing date of this posting. TCU Place is an employment equity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
Reference ID: 091(59)
Part-time hours: 8-16 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $26.57 /hour
- Building and Mechanical: 2 years (Required)