Water Resources Engineer:
Bismarck or Fargo
Years of Experience:
OUR CULTURE. YOUR CAREER.:
Houston Engineering, Inc. (HEI), is a full-service civil engineering, surveying, environmental and technology solutions consulting firm with multiple locations throughout the Upper Midwest. If your values align with being client focused, commitment to excellence, and an ideal team player, apply today to join our team and provide innovative, cutting-edge solutions to public, private and non-profit clients.
Our work improves the quality of life within our communities within our core markets and beyond. And Our commitment continues to be meeting our client needs and providing a casual and productive atmosphere for our employees!
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of rural watersheds and riverine systems.
- Evaluate flood mitigation and flood control projects and their effectiveness.
- Support field investigations including the collection and analysis of data used to support hydrologic and hydraulic modeling.
- Execute established procedures, perform routine calculations and process GIS data necessary to support hydrologic and hydraulic modeling efforts.
- Prepare floodplain and watershed studies in compliance with FEMA standards and specifications.
- Execute GIS-based one dimensional and two dimensional flood risk modeling software application such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS and SWMM.
- Efficiently work with ArcGIS software and extensions in support of flood risk modeling and mapping and other water resources project needs.
- Support Stormwater design projects and evaluate the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications or regulations.
- Prepare project reports including engineering calculations, planning, and drafting technical engineering reports, research, and data entry.
- Work with a team of Water Resources Engineers and GIS specialists supporting various planning and water resources, flood risk management and transportation projects.
Likely project areas include civil engineering projects, water resources studies, public drainage system repairs, hydrologic modeling and storm water planning. Candidate must be willing to travel throughout the state/region for project meetings and project management related activities.
Benefits of Joining HEI:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Three plus years of experience preferred.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or Civil 3D preferred.
- Experience with ArcGIS and HEC-RAS preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft office required.
- Familiarity with stormwater management, earthwork and grading plans helpful.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, and clients.
- Superior task management skills, including scheduling, prioritizing, following-up, and keeping project information organized.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, PTO, paid holidays, a generous 401(k) profit sharing plan with potential company contributions totaling up to 15% of annual salary.
Additionally, view our careers page to read about HEI being selected as one of the ENR top 500 design firms and as one of the PB 50 best places to work for several years in a row!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability