Maintenance Technician - Role/Summary of Purpose
Property Services Group
Engineering & Maintenance Department
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the day to day maintenance and operations at assigned Edge Commercial Real Estate properties. This position involves coordination with the Chief Engineer and Property Management to ensure that all maintenance resources, including building engineering & maintenance staff, funds, materials, and equipment are being used in the most efficient manner possible in order to achieve maintenance objectives.
Sterling, VA (116,266 sq. ft.)
- 46000-46050 Manekin Plaza, Sterling, VA 40 Hours/Week
- Operate and maintain all base building mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and security/life safety systems in accordance with standard industry procedure and jurisdictional codes. Schedules for required State inspections on elevators, fire & sprinkler systems, backflow devices, electrical systems should be closely monitored and tracked to ensure compliance.
- Systematically perform and document preventative maintenance tasks and inspections in accordance with Property Preventative Maintenance Schedules. Edge Engineering & Maintenance Staff are to consult with Property Management in scheduling maintenance and downtime in order to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Coordination and oversight of 3rd party vendors and service contractors ensuring strict adherence to the scope of work and building rules/regulations. Engineering & maintenance staff are to be knowledgeable of all maintenance agreements and service contracts associated with their assigned properties. They are responsible for obtaining, reviewing, and then submitting any associated proposals for repairs to Property Management. Then scheduling/coordinate repairs immediately upon approval.
- Respond to tenant service requests within 1 business day of submission. Upon completion, the tenant should be notified of the status (when possible) and the ticket closed out in the work order system. Any ticket unable to be closed out should be updated/changed to “Pending” or “On Hold” with details provided as to the expected completion date and reasons for the delay.
- Maintain inventory of adequate supplies and tools for each assigned property.
- Participation in after-hours emergency on-call coverage ensuring that all emergencies are responded to within 1 hour and proper notification is sent out to the Property Services Group team.
- Submittal of a Daily Report detailing the hours worked at each property along with a brief description of the work completed. Ensure that hours stay within the designated allocation for each property. In the event that weekly allocations are at risk of being exceeded, notify Chief Engineer so that prior approval can be granted.
- Submittal of a timesheet by 12 PM on the Monday of each pay week. Ensure that the timesheets coincide with the Daily Reports that were submitted.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place