POSITION: PRODUCT ENGINEER
REPORTS TO: SUB-SYSTEMS SENIOR ENGINEER
FLSA STATUS: SALARIED, EXEMPT
The Interroll Group is one of the world’s leading specialists within the field of internal logistics. Headquartered in Switzerland, the exchange-listed company employs around 2,300 people at 32 enterprises around the globe. Among the company’s 23,000 customers are plant manufacturers, system integrators and equipment manufacturers. Our products are in daily use by global brands everyone knows, like Amazon, Bosch, Coca-Cola, DHL, Procter & Gamble, Red Bull, Siemens, Walmart and Yamaha (Motorcycles). On top of that, Interroll initiates global research projects for logistics efficiency and is actively supporting industry associations for standards or better use of resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop and implement new products with direction from Lead Engineer.
- Develop layout, assembly and detail drawings for production and customers.
- Releasing new product lines in SAP.
- Provide technical support to internal departments, suppliers and customers.
- Generate 3D CAD models using Autodesk Inventor, primarily using Inventor’s sheet metal modeling capabilities.
- Detail 2D parts drawings using Autodesk Inventor.
- Detail system layouts using AutoCAD.
- Enter item masters and bill of materials into ERP system.
- Work independently or part of a fast-paced team.
- Actively invest time in self-development of application and product knowledge.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Always possess and display Interroll’s Guiding Principles at all times
- 3 years of proven engineering experience, preferably in the materials handling industry.
- Advanced computer proficiency skills including the Microsoft Office product suite (specifically Excel), AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor and SAP.
- Ability to work with imperial and metric dimensions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Possess judgment and decision-making qualities for situations that go beyond clear, concise guidelines and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Possess the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Possess advanced communication skills and the ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures. Possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, clients, and vendors.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Product Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- CAD: 3 years (Preferred)