Able Equipment Limited, founded in 1974, is now ABLE INFRASTRUCTURE and is a well-known leader in the Maritime Provinces construction industry.
They are specialists in the Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional sector and have a Heavy Highway Structural Division that are both growing.
Able Infrastructure Inc. is currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our in-house engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the drafting, design, and inspection of various concrete formwork structures, and will help plan and control the on-site activities of Able labour, Subcontractors, and Suppliers to achieve project objectives.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Quantities/estimating/sending quotes and tenders
· Prepare formwork designs and cost estimates
· Layout drawings as required for ongoing projects
· Stair shop drawings for multi-level buildings
· Design work and drawings for suspended slab formwork, bridge piers, etc.
· Preparation of construction schedules for current and new projects
· Attending site meetings for large ongoing projects as necessary
· Provide on site technical support as required.
· Perform site inspections and provide quality verification engineering services
· Writing of field reports or certificate of conformances after site inspections
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
· Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Nova Scotia
· Must have 10-15 years of relevant experience
· Experience in bridge and high-rise building design
· Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD & Microsoft programs
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced, changing environment
· Strong organizational, decision making, and time management skills
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full-Time
Expected Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Structural Engineering: 10 years (preferred)