Chapin has been a world leader in compressed air sprayers since we patented the first U.S. pump sprayer in 1902. Our world-class company includes exacting manufacturing and progressive technology and design methods enabling us to provide the best lawn, garden and outdoor products available.
We are recruiting for a Design Engineer to join our engineering team. In this dynamic role you will work on and support engineering activities at our manufacturing sites by support manufacturing technology improvements and streamline processes. This is a highly visible role with significant opportunity for growth.
Designs, develops, and improves new or existing products and directs the building and testing of prototypes. Reports to the Engineering Manager; direct supervisory responsibility for CAD Technician.
The Product Design Engineer has internal contacts with Engineering Department personnel regarding ideas, drawings, and products; and with Manufacturing and Sales Department personnel. External contacts with engineering firms, customers and vendors.
1. Originates and/or develops designs for products relating to defined customer needs or as possible proprietary items. This also may include the adaptation of existing designs.
2. Plans and directs the construction of sketches, mock-ups and prototypes.
3. Coordinates with Machine Design Engineer, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering to assure a timely and smooth introduction of product into manufacturing.
4. Establishes test requirements, and develops and directs the testing of new-product prototypes to verify product reliability.
5. Other Engineering duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
2. Minimum 10 years experience in research and development of products.
3. Drafting ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working drawings and sketches.
4. Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, materials selection, and product testing in addition to sketching, layout, and drafting work.
5. Capable of utilizing CAD systems for design and stress analysis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /hour
- Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement