You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do More ® .
1 - First Shift
The Business Intelligence Developer I is a contributor to the Data Analytics team. This position develops BI Solutions to business projects while maintaining quality, communicating clearly, and delivering effective solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following . Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Creation of metrics and visualizations for high priority and strategic business needs. Prototype proposed solutions and develop ad-hoc analytics as required.
3. Assists with dashboard design, documentation, and data storytelling and developing projects from start to finish and provide support or collaboration among other Developers and Analysts.
4. Maintain good source control standards and documentation for development, testing, and deployment processes.
5. Provide technical support including the development of enhancement requests, troubleshooting and defect resolution. Evaluate user requests for new or modified features and determine feasibility, cost, time requirements.
6. Support the data strategy and be an advocate for literacy throughout the organization. Work with data stewards to increase data governance and to improve security of reports. Support process improvements regarding analytics development and data driven decision making.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience with reporting, dashboard creation, and data analytics. Or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience creating queries to retrieve data required.
- Experience with agile principles preferred.
- Strong to expert experience or knowledge with Data Visualization and Reporting tools, such as Power BI, Power Query, DAX, Tableau or SSRS.
- Experience retrieving data from different data storage technologies.
- Basic understanding of data warehouse reporting fundamentals, and the use of SQL to extract information.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service and business-oriented ethic.
- Adapts quickly to changing business needs, technologies, and environments.
- Ability to tell a story with data in a professional, concise manner.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets to find KPI metrics and actionable insights.
- Provide informative and professional assistance when working with the customers and co-workers.
- Ability to produce accurate and professional documents.
- Demonstration of verbal and written communication skills
ERP SPECIFIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic understanding of object-oriented concepts and principles.
- Ability to read and understand complex XML data structures.
- Experience in basic Form design and development.
A team member’s day-to-day work may be best completed from a location other than a Vermeer campus. There will be instances where the work requires time spent on a Vermeer campus. Discuss specific arrangements with your manager. Remote team members are eligible for business-related reimbursements per the work location policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com .