SkyCare Air Ambulance currently has an opening on our team for a full-time Avionics Engineer at our St. Andrew’s base. SkyCare is a growing and dynamic Air Ambulance/Air Charter Service headquartered in Sioux Lookout, Ontario that provides exceptional air charter and medevac services across Canada and the United States with a focus on Ontario and Manitoba.
The Avionics Engineer will report to the Director of Maintenance and is responsible for avionics installations, modifications, and repairs. They will establish, maintain, and grow the company’s avionics shop. They will liaison with the PRM and other maintenance bases for all avionics related items and third-party avionics work. Travel between bases may be required occasionally.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Valid Transport Canada AME E license required (M1/M2 rating an asset)
- Previous experience with Aircraft Maintenance Systems (AMS) an asset
- Previous experience with Navajo Chieftain and Metro/Merlin aircraft an asset
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent trouble shooting skills
- A strong commitment to Safety & Compliance
- Motivated and self-directed with a desire to contribute to SkyCare’s success
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Closing Date: Open until filled
Compensation: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Competitive health benefits package offered after 3-month probation.
Matched group retirement benefits after one year.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $68,831.00-$84,126.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Aircraft Maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
- Transport Canada AME E license (preferred)