United States of America
Aerostructrues - San Marcos 2005 Technology Way, San Marcos, TX, 78666 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles - the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is a seasoned professional in Manufacturing Engineering who works independently and in collaboration with other manufacturing design personnel. Analyzes designs and develops component layouts. Coordinates and implements sequence of operations, and product updates and enhancements.
Preference is for experience in aluminum honeycomb core manufacturing and machining.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Works independently to perform activities related to planning and designing manufacturing processes and specification requirements to ensure full utilization of manufacturing equipment.
- Designs and plans the layout of assembly and materials handling operations.
- Analyzes machinery and equipment designs to ensure factory and production conditions are met.
- Coordinates and implements operations sequencing and specification procedures to optimize efficiency and quality in the fabrication of tools and equipment.
- Helps to support existing product line design activities and/or operational process modifications to help enhance products and processes and ensure that current and future business needs are met.
- Provides technical leadership and helps train lower level staff to diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities.
- Designs and plans layout for assembly and materials handling.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Plans sequence of operations and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance for engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
Knowledge of tooling concepts and manufacturing processes related to the fabrication, forming and machining of aluminum honeycomb core or experience in manufacture of aluminum core composite structures is highly desired.
Proficient use of CAD (CATIA V5 preferred) required.
Experience with MRP systems; SAP is preferred.
Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of GD&T.
Knowledge of configuration management practices.
Experience in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
Experience with forming, heat treat, machining and fusion or resistance welding of titanium and Inconel alloys is a plus.
Experience in root cause analysis and applying effective solutions.
Experience in project management from development through introduction to production is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications/Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Technology degree, or related studies plus at least five years of experience in a manufacturing engineering role. Preference is for experience in aluminum honeycomb core manufacturing and machining. In lieu of a degree must have a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience. Must be a US Person.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.