Associate Commissioning Engineer
Experience Required: 1+ to 2 Years
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manger)
Education Required: Associate Degree, Electronics, IT or a related discipline
(duties listed as bullets)
- Execute and responsible for testing and commissioning activities of a Rail Transit System from the end of installation to the start of revenue service
- Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
- Provide first level of customer support and be the primary contact to the customer when issues arise
- Create and issue test documentation and reports
- Regularly report test and commissioning progress and status to the Commissioning Manager.
- Manage the configuration of documentation, hardware and software in the field
- Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues and when required escalate issues to engineering and management
- Able to work independently and in team environment with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure during intense periods of testing and commissioning activities
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to interact with customer and project team in a professional manner
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and skills
Required Skills & Experience
(MUST-HAVE minimum requirements)
- Test & Commissioning Processes
- Equipment Installation Processes
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the Rail Transit System environment
- Experience and knowledge of reviewing engineering drawing, blue prints and schematic diagrams
- Experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering testing and commissioning
- Basic working knowledge with one or more of the following Rail Trains System: Automatic Train Control, Communication Base Train Control, Positive Train Control
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Health, Safety and Environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in Testing & Commissioning of large infrastructure projects.
- Basic working knowledge of Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, Platform Screen Gates, Traction Electrification, SCADA, CCTV, Radios, GPS, etc.
- Basic understanding of software configuration managements (CM)
- Basic understanding of software programming logic
- Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
- Basic working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
- Operation and Maintenance Processes
- Manage and lead assigned resources and suppliers in order to perform the tests and troubleshooting activities
- Railway Operations and Signaling principles
- Planning and organization
- Integrated System Tests
- Validation and Verification Processes
- System requirements definition
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RLC is an EEO Employer and uses E-Verify. RLC will offer a competitive salary with benefits including health-dental-vision-life insurance, personal time-off, holidays, 401(k) to qualified candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- commissioning vehicle: 1 year (Required)