Title: Process Engineer
Company: SCHOTT Pharmaceutical Packaging
Location: Lebanon, PA
Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Formal Education and Training
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing engineering or equivalent required. Advanced degree, Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification preferred. Proficiency with CADand SolidworksAdditional leadership training preferred.
3-5 years of Mechanical or Process Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required. Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
Additional Knowledge Requirements
Well-organized and team-oriented, excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to effectively and accurately deliver results in a challenging and fast-paced environment; analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Ability to translate theoretical knowledge to practical applications.
Flexible to work on call hours and to flex work schedule, as required. Some international travel required.
Propose, lead, plan, direct and implement major projects involving technical systems. Projects include continuous improvement, risk management and process development.
· Lead process mapping and continuous improvement activities of production line with respect to setup standards and process flow.
· Provide technical support to daily manufacturing, identify problems and work to eliminate them.
· Perform process monitoring, data analysis and collect statistical data relating to the manufacturing process and use SPS techniques to facilitate process improvements
· Provide ownership over production process related SOPs and the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
· Use operational and technical expertise to assist in troubleshooting activities, technology transfer and start-up activities.Participate in engineering/production functions to achieve overall objectives of the plant.
· Participate in engineering activities regarding the innovation, design, purchase, fabrication, installation, start-up, and validation of production machinery and processes.
· Establish operating procedures and maintenance requirements for equipment, systems, and processes and monitor the technical documentation for the production and process approval In addition, Manage execution of relevant process activities by following established Standard Operating Procedures.
· Execute experimental and validation protocols for equipment, processes, and materials.
· Support product portfolio activities including technical feasibility, specification changes and introduction of products.
· Instruct and train employees per established guidelines and maintains good manufacturing practices.
· Propose projects for OEE improvement, cost reductions, feasibility studies, facility layout, and equipment modifications. Scope and define projects to meet cost, quality and performance requirements.
· Assist in innovation, design, and process development serving as plant key contact and process expert.
· Assist in the definition and development of control strategies and systems for automated manufacturing equipment.
· Apply lean methodology to the job and follow cGMP.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- working in a cleanroom: 1 year (Preferred)
- working closely with production and maintenance departments: 2 years (Required)
- continuous improvement: 2 years (Required)
- Are you willing to work a flexible Mon-Fri schedule so that your time is spent with personnel on both 1st and 2nd shift (i.e. 10am-7pm)?