Civil Engineering Position
PACLAND is seeking individuals who want to be part of a company where their voice is heard and hard work is recognized. If you’re in a current position where you aren’t a larger part of a project team or feel your skills are under-utilized, come join us so we can get you on a proper career path. If your company is downsizing because of workloads, make the change now to keep your benefits in-place.
Ideal opportunity for a well-rounded, driven, experienced civil engineering professional seeking increased responsibility, career growth opportunities, and new challenges in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented consulting environment. Our office is located in the Greenwood community of North Seattle, in a family-friendly neighborhood close to Green Lake, Ballard, and the Woodland Park Zoo.
Founded in 1994, PACLAND is recognized as one of the best, growing, full-service onsite and development consulting/engineering firms in the western part of the nation. PACLAND is the right place for bright, creative, innovative, energetic people who seek an opportunity to accelerate their careers at an entrepreneurial firm where the only limitation to an aspiring professional’s career progression is their own ability, desire and vision.
Civil Engineering Staff are responsible for the work associated with technical calculations, reports, design and coordination of civil engineering site work. Engineers are involved with various elements of site design. Design elements may include Erosion Control, Grading, Drainage, Sewer, Water, Stormwater and Franchise Utilities. Project Managers will manage staff, clients, and projects.
Desired Qualifications for this position include:
- Communication skills to be an integral part of a team and to meet with agencies and clients
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification and 2+ years of experience for Design Engineer position
- Washington State Professional Engineer (PE) certification and 4+ years of experience for Engineer and Project Manager positions
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2016 and earlier (Civil3D preferred)
- Experience using stormwater modeling software (Stormshed, WWHM, KCRTS)
- Experience with cost estimating, site planning, permitting in local agencies, storm/sewer/water/grading design
- Experience drafting/designing on commercial, residential, industrial, and/or public development projects
PACLAND’s compensation program recognizes and rewards employees for their hard work, and employee bonuses can be substantial and are awarded regularly for outstanding performance. Benefit Programs include 401(K) with employer match; health, vision, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; and three weeks of paid time-off.
Please respond to this ad or mail to the following address:
PACLAND - Seattle
Attn: Hiring Coordinator
6814 Greenwood Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98103
No recruiters, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Washington State Driver's License (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19