Purpose: The Project Engineer performs mechanical / automation project engineering activities in support of operational objectives, capital projects, technology upgrades, and automation requirements.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Requires a minimum of a Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Requires 7 minimum years of heavy industrial automation and/or project engineering with proficiency in PLC logic, preferably Allen Bradley and/or Siemens
- Requires strong mechanical and some electrical practical knowledge and aptitude, including experience in process improvements, capital projects and automation controls.
- Requires the ability to understand and utilize CAD to modify or design parts, equipment, and facilities as needed.
- Requires basic knowledge of relevant OSHA requirements as they relate to the engineering role.
- Requires proficient computer skills, including the ability to use spreadsheet and database programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Design, and develop machines, mechanical products or tools, and mechanical production equipment to improve safety and operations.
- Work in conjunction with other departments to achieve expectations of customers for faster, better & cheaper products. This will result in core competitive advantages for Luvata.
- Drive automation concepts and proposals. Including cost/benefit and other justification rationale.
- Explore or make changes to existing equipment to support growth and development.
- Identify and justify capital and major maintenance needs. Develop capital and major maintenance plans to fulfill needs.
- Provide project management, project engineering, mid- and long-range planning, and budgeting services.
- Act as major contributor to long-range planning in support of capital budget preparation and implementation.
- Integrate existing technologies with new technologies and implement technology breakthroughs that are related to the facilities function.
- Install heavy equipment and facilities systems.
- Ensure compliance with all air, water, and waste regulations.
- Perform inspections, assess hazards, and recommend necessary alterations to management.
- Interface with outside contractors, vendors, and consultants.
- Maintain drawings and documentation.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Leadership Responsibilities: Provide general leadership in the engineering discipline to provide expertise, overall improvement, and cost reduction to operations. Assist the Engineering team in approaching automation techniques to new and existing machinery.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls and talk and/or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, reach above shoulders, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is required to wear safety glasses, metatarsal guarded steel-toed shoes and hard hat while working in production areas.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and occasionally works in proximity to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in non-weather related wet, humid conditions, non-weather related extreme heat, and in proximity to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate while working in the office and louder while working in the plant.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the major functions of the position described and is not intended to be a detailed description of all the work that may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible