SME is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer for a regular, full-time Project Engineer position to join our Team in our Indianapolis, Indiana office.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide engineering and consulting services for a wide variety of projects and clients.
- Performing field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and providing comprehensive recommendations to clients both verbally and within written reports.
- Management of proposals (including preparation and cost estimates), projects, invoicing and collections.
- Management and technical direction of drilling crews, sub-consultants, laboratory staff, technicians and other engineering staff that may be associated with projects under your supervision.
- Learning about other SME services to assist in promoting and expanding geotechnical and other SME services to new and existing clients.
Requirements for this position include:
- A minimum of 5 years of geotechnical experience.
- A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering whose area of specialization is Geotechnical Engineering.
- Indiana Professional Registration.
- Experience with foundation design (shallow and deep), pavement design, retaining wall design, slope stability design and evaluation, and seismic related design and evaluation.
- Related geophysical experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have related experience in consulting engineering practice and familiarity with MathCAD, Slide, CT-shoring and Allpile or LPile.
- Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts.
- A willingness to work hard in an efficient and organized manner.
- A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on an as-needed basis.
SME offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required; dental/optical, life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (up to $5000 per calendar year); and generous bonus and paid time off programs. SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Geotechnical: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement