Controls Engineers develop complete turnkey design for the electrical portion of project which includes development of programs, develops sequence of operation for PLC programs on new equipment. The effort will contribute to the complete electrical hardware and software control design for new equipment.
Sr. Controls Engineers may lead other controls, electrical, and design engineers, be involved with customer reviews, set design directions, establish schedules, and maintain budget requirements.
Lead Controls Engineers set priorities of other controls and electrical engineers, establish long term objectives and goals for the control engineering group, represents and communicates with customers on the capabilities of the controls engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leading/assisting in all technical phases of design effort
2. Electrical panel design
3. Produce Electrical schematic drawings.
4. PLC Programming and development
5. Identifying potential scope changes/problem areas
6. Assuming accountability of assigned responsibilities
7. Developing project scope definition.
8. Assess and identify safety requirement for equipment
9. Writing technical documents
10. Performing advanced technical calculations
11. Help supervisor estimate effort for assigned tasks and keep supervisor informed of effort status in relation to the original estimate
12. Direct Electrical Designers and CAD Drafters (Lead/Sr.)
13. Develop Schedules and track against actuals (Lead/Sr.)
14. Plan, track, and reports progress against budgets (Lead/Sr.)
15. Lead customer design reviews (Lead/Sr.)
16. Set department goals and priorities (Lead)
17. Evaluate long term goals and objectives (Lead)
Minimum Education & Experience:
Electrical or Controls - Two (2) year technical degree with ten (6) years experience or twelve (10) years related experience or four (4) year Technical/Technology degree with four (4) years experience.
Sr. Level – Two (2) year technical degree with (10) years experience or four (4) year Technical/Technology degree with (6) years experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year