Ferreira Power Group LLC. is seeking a full-time Distribution Designer/Engineer in our Juno Beach, Florida office to be part of our winning team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Updates GIS software to reflect current field conditions
- With guidance, designs and processes construction work requests related to overhead associated with electric distribution systems applying the prescribed guidelines, utility standards, and procedures.
- Prepares computer assisted designs and generates construction drawings for review by Quality Assurance (QA), Design Supervisor, and other Designers
- Prepares distribution circuit designs with basic understanding of circuit drawings and distribution engineering concepts
- With assistance, prepares pole boring, cost estimates, and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects
- Attends regular training sessions to maintain proficiency in design work
- Stays current on client guideline changes
- Follows the Ferreira Power Group’s safety procedures and policies.
- Attends outside meetings with client engineers to define project scope and submit meeting notes for all client and designated internal staff at pre-construction, pre-engineering, and pre-design stages
- General experience in the design, operation, construction, and maintenance of overhead and underground distribution lines (4 kV through 35 kV) and/or strong familiarity with construction processes
- Exposure to utility standards, NESC, and an understanding of construction techniques
- Must be able to successfully pass client's background check and drug screen process
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is a must.
- A two-year technical certificate or degree is preferred
- Prior utility design experience or distribution line work is highly preferred
- Exposure to utility Geographical Information Systems (GIS); GE Smallworld, ArcFM, etc.
- Ability to work in design teams, is self-motivated to perform assigned tasks, and take the initiative to learn the trade
- Exposure to utility standards, the ability to use design software packages, and general construction knowledge and aptitude
- Strong computer design skills, the ability to learn new software packages efficiently, and retain and apply on the job training
- Must have strong command of the English language and possess good written and oral communications skills
- Some travel into the field should be expected
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)