With over 90 years of customer-focused performance, Boyd Corporation has evolved as a market leader in engineered rubber, plastic, metal, flexible environmental sealing & energy management solutions. Boyd is a unique supplier, valuing our people as our most important resource. With our best-in-class technical sales associates, sales support service teams & field application, quality, & manufacturing engineers, Boyd offers total global solutions to enhance the performance & manufacturability of your products. Our cost-effective, tight-tolerance, global manufacturing capabilities ensure superior total landed cost as well as reliability throughout the product life cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Review the Work Order for special instructions
- Assure the set-up is correct for the job
- Assure the station layout, tags and labels are appropriate for the job
- Complete Sign-Off check list and have it signed by the appropriate person
- Set and verify parts clearances.
- Verify conformance of parts using measuring instruments such as punch box or templates.
- Examine completed workpieces for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces.
- Assure proper quantity and labeling.
- Complete Spec-Card and all progress reports
- Create an ID sheet for shipping
- Clean machines and job work area when the job is complete
- Complete End of Run Check List and have it signed by the appropriate person
- Turn in any unused material and paperwork; sign-offs, progress report and spec-cards to material handling
- Maybe required to perform the duties and responsibilities of other Material Handler functions such as shipping, receiving, inventory set-up. Refer to those individual job descriptions for more details.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Degree or equivalent.
Operate machines and equipment to generate quality parts.
Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization.
Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
Time management, quality oriented, critical thinking, organization, problem solving, safety conscious, dependability, decision making, self-starter.
Manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to production areas. The position will require wearing of common protective or safety equipment such as gloves as designated by company policy. The position may require standing or sitting for extended periods of time. The position may also require the use of hands with tools and machinery and the lifting of objects weighing up to 75 pounds.