Emsi Burning Glass is looking for a skilled software engineer to work on the Classifiers & Extractors team. This team builds and maintains high-performance text extraction and classification libraries used to analyze job postings, resumes, and similar documents. In addition to the machine learning solutions, this team also produces the internal tooling and data pipelines to support teams of taxonomists and curators working to continuously improve Emsi’s classifications and libraries.
The ideal candidate has significant experience working in high-performance systems languages, a working knowledge of linear algebra, and at least basic familiarity with machine learning techniques.
- Develop and maintain extractors, classifiers, and the data pipelines to support them.
- Research the most effective solutions to text extraction and classification problems.
- Optimize solutions for maximal document per second per core throughput.
- Work with Emsi’s taxonomists and data curators to build the internal tooling and data pipelines necessary to continuously improve our libraries.
- Systems programming on Linux, including working knowledge of virtual memory, optimizing for cacheline performance, and using the perf toolkit.
- Proficient in the D programming language or similar (C, C++).
- At least basic knowledge of machine learning techniques.
- Working knowledge of linear algebra, experience with Intel MKL or similar desirable.
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Fluent English, written and spoken.
- Git version control.
- Debugging with GDB.
- AWS S3, EC2, Athena.
This position reports to the C&E Team Lead and has significant opportunity for career progression either as an individual contributor or as a team lead or manager.
Emsi Burning Glass is an equal opportunity employer._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 per year