CMM Programmer should be experienced with inspections in a production/manufacturing environment. Programming and utilizing a CMM for dimensional inspections, (detail parts, components and assemblies) a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procure and review of drawings, materials and CAD documents
- Plan and document the inspection procedure
- Determination and fixing of basic conditions for the measurement of different complex work pieces, creation of geometry data for complex work pieces by means of drawings
- Calculation of missing dimensions and required inspection parameters
- Reading-in of 3D CAD data for the sampling or measuring of work pieces
- Realization of inspections
- Documentations, analysis and evaluations of results
- Optimization of inspection processes, creation of inspection reports
- Assure dimensional accuracy, condition, and completeness of the measuring
- Documentation of measuring errors, analysis of main errors and optimization of measuring process
- Organization of ongoing inspections/maintenance of measuring tools and test equipment
- Assure appropriate and standard-conform measuring environment
- Creation of measuring programs according to the specifications calibration of measuring sensors and realization of measurements
- Organization of plausibility checks, repetition of measurements
- Recording, documentation of measuring data, creation, and analysis of statistics
- Measuring device capability studies MSA
- Machine capabilities studies MFU
- Assure 100% compliance with safety regulations within the department
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in quality assurance and measuring technique
Additional Skills Desired:
- Very high attention to detail
- Experience in handling measuring devices; such as dimension measurement, 3D coordinate measuring machines, optical measuring devices, natural frequency devices, contour measuring device, shape scanner, harness testing device, etc.
- Ability to think spatially
- High degree of readiness for taking responsibility, reliability, and self-organization
- Ability to communicate and work together in a team
- Ability to use a computer and software; such as MS Office, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Metrology: 3 years (Required)
- SPC: 3 years (Required)
- CMM: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)