The Test Development Engineer designs, builds and performs test development on telecommunications equipment and circuit cards. Through use of past experience, current research, and educational foundation related to principles and techniques of electrical engineering, this position develops and documents testing instructions and methodologies for designated systems prior to their release into engineering and repair operations. These and other assigned duties are performed under general supervision, with some latitude and creativity required.
- Under general supervision, define and develop test requirements for a wide range of telecommunications equipment. Design, develop, install, implement, and maintain complete test solutions including test equipment selection, fixture design and software development.
- Work with digital and analog circuits to develop test methods and test automation flows that meet testing requirements for specific systems. Research best-practices and utilize principles of electrical engineering to organize testing criteria and other related information. Assist with reverse-engineering when needed.
- Perform preliminary design, hands-on build, and test of systems and related equipment in laboratory environment. Document deficiencies and errors. Make corrections to testing methodology related to assigned projects, systems, and equipment.
- Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or a related field; Or Equivalent years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience or exposure working at the Engineering level with test and design of digital and analog circuitry and related components, preferably with communications or telecommunications electrical circuits and related design
- Ability to hand solder components, fixtures, and related equipment
- Working knowledge of computer-assisted design and engineering software; Working knowledge of programming languages (C++, C#, etc.); Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated successful experience independently managing own workload and projects from inception through completion
Job Type: Full-time
- hardware testing & validation: 3 years (Preferred)
- electrical engineering field: 3 years (Preferred)
- digital/analog circuits & programming languages: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job