Electrical Commissioning Engineer/Agent (Locations, Ashburn VA, Chicago, IL, Seattle WA, Portland OR, Salt Lake City, UT)
EYP MCF is a pioneer and leader in Data Center Strategy, Planning, Design, Integration, Commissioning and Testing with Experience working in thousands of data centers in the U.S. territory and across the globe. We provide a broad set of services for enterprise, institutional, webscale, service provider and colocation companies.
Our team of consultants assist clients in understanding how to bring data closer to their own customers, bringing all components of IT and the facility together, and enable rapid deployment of a solution that achieves critical objectives.
We believe we are strongly positioned to create flexible environments that can easily adapt to changes and disruptions -- while eliminating risks and creating efficiencies.
This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation
- Act as a commissioning agent of electrical distribution equipment in a variety of environments.
- Manage projects, plans, provide and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary engineering Commissioning role for large facility projects.
- Review design criteria, specifications, drawings, equipment submittals, and other documentation pertinent to commissioning.
- The Commissioning agents adhere to a thorough quality management/QC process and procedures that validate and document our client’s systems.
- Identify and assemble required documentation, drawings, and data from clients, vendors, and contractors.
- Develop site-specific commission plans.
- Develop and/or review factory witness test procedures for major equipment.
- Attend factory witness tests and provide a detailed report identifying deficiencies.
- Schedule and lead commissioning meetings while ensuring proper documentation.
- Develop and administer functional tests for various systems, such as: electrical distribution systems, UPS, standby generators, etc.
- Develop and maintain commissioning logs, equipment checklist, and other tools to track commissioning projects, write comprehensive final commissioning report
- Help lead and manage any external resources; Schedule and direct periodic commissioning meetings; Attend construction and coordination meetings if required for the project
- Interface with clients, contractors, equipment vendors and owners’ agents as needed; Execute project assignments; Interface with project contractors, vendors, and testing technicians; Interact with all facets of the company: engineering, design, etc.
- Verify results of test reports; Assist with field troubleshooting of commissioned equipment as needed; Field experience in the operation and application of Power Quality Analyzers, Power Disturbance Analyzers, Data loggers, and related system testing equipment.
- Submit progress reports and commissioning meeting notes to the project and facility manager
- Respond to customer inquiries in a manner that exceeds the customer’s expectations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military or industrial training with 7+ years of experience” in electrical engineering, energy services, plant operations, or related field or Construction Management
- Ability to get and Maintain Top Secrete and or SCI clearance a plus
- Previous Data Center/Mission critical experience
- Experience in the commissioning or maintaining of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience with working with general contractors and excellent skills in communicating expectations
- Knowledgeable in major regulations, industry codes and standards as well as basic construction materials, means and methods
EYP MCF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- 10 hour shift