Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
By joining the BBA Structural team, your goal will be to help the group penetrate the building market. You role will include two levels: the first will be as a business developer and the second, that of a technical expert. As a result, your role will be to work with members of multidisciplinary teams on one or more projects, while carrying our business development and consulting engineering tasks, including studies and detailed engineering.
More concretely, your duties will include:
Work Schedule :
- Serving as project leader on the team.
- Participating in business development and team building.
- Maintaining friendly and close relations with clients or their representatives.
- Participating in and drafting proposals.
- Drafting technical articles and blogs.
- Presenting expertise during seminars.
- Participating in and performing the design review of building foundations and structures.
- Coordinating design activities with other disciplines (mechanical, electrical, etc.).
- Participating in drafting technical specifications and reports.
- Performing quality control for the work of technicians and drafters.
- Helping prepare estimates, schedules and budgets.
- Contributing to work planning, organization and evaluation.
- Participating in site work supervision.
- Carrying out other technical duties to assist with projects.
- Entrepreneurship and business acumen
- Attention to detail and meticulous with work
- Excellent aptitude for teamwork and maintaining positive ties with coworkers
- Creativity and innovation in providing solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Building Engineering
- Member of OIQ
- At least ten years of experience designing building structures
- Advanced knowledge of structural analysis software
- Ability to read drawings
- Knowledge of work site supervision
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency in technical writing
- Availability for occasional travel to client sites
- Asset: Hold the Health and Safety on Construction Sites card from ASP Construction
- Asset: Bilingual (English and French)