Veteran Design & Construction, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with Commercial and Large Residential Plumbing Design experience for its Baltimore, Maryland office. The engineer will work in conjunction with in-house MEP engineers, clients, architects and structural engineers. The capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Manage projects and related tasks through all phases of design.
- Supervise technical work of in-house plumbing engineers and designers.
- Complete detailed and advanced calculations.
- Prepare plumbing narratives, reports, and other written documents as required by the project.
- Assigns tasks and review work by designers and CADD Specialists.
- Review architectural, civil, and structural designs for coordination with plumbing scope of work.
- Write project specific specifications and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Represent the company with clients at design meetings when requested.
- Consult with local regulatory agencies for conformance of design standards.
- Coordinate project design and schedules with clients and engineering team.
- Perform construction administration duties, review submittals and RFI’s
A Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering and 5 years experience in plumbing systems design OR Associate of Science degree and 5-7 years experience in plumbing systems design.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Experience with plumbing design of commercial and large residential projects.
- Knowledge of International Plumbing Code, National Standard Plumbing Code and jurisdictional amendments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD, Revit is a plus
- Valid driver’s license.
We Offer: A fun ethical workplace that supports family values.
A competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with qualifications. Benefit package includes medical, 401(k) with Matching Plan, paid holidays, vacation and a flexible work schedule.
Veteran Design & Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Plumbing Design: 3 years (Required)
- AutoCAD (Preferred)
- Revit (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan