Riverside Research is seeking a full time or part-time software designed radio engineer to facilitate state-of-the-art data links and wireless networks. Riverside Research is a multidisciplinary not-for-profit conducting fundamental research in deep neural networks, statistical machine learning, plasma physics, non-destructive tamper and anti-tamper, software designed radios, system security, and biological systems.
This position is located in Dayton, OH—the birthplace of aviation and home to the Wright Brothers and the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force. Dayton has a blend of big-city amenities coupled with midwestern charm and hospitality for you to experience. From visiting the 100-year-old Dayton Art Institute, trying local cuisine in the Oregon District or Yellow Springs, to enjoying the hundreds of miles of trails for hiking and biking, and the waterways for kayaking and fishing—Dayton offers activities for everyone to enjoy.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in the design, development, and implementation of advanced data link functionality using existing software and HDL code base
- Interpret customer needs for new features and/or modified functionality and develop requirements specifications
- Work with the team to develop novel approaches to solve existing and emerging problems
- Work with the team to develop research plans and scope near-term expectations
- Other duties as assigned
- Current security clearance is desired but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, CS, CEG or other related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience programming in C++ and other high level languages
- Professional experience programming FPGAs using VHDL or Verilog
- Strong desire to push the state-of-the-possible
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to senior management and work effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Support the security clearance process up to the highest level possible for you
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.